What is social bookmarking in SEO?
Social bookmarking is just bookmarking your site on different sites to increase the Backlinks.
As an online marketer, you should have come across these two terms on-page and off-page SEO.
Social bookmarking is one of the best ways to start your off-page Optimization.
Many of the present social media channels were once used only for bookmarking Purposes.
Since it has reached a lot of people later it became social media.
You may be asking me, I am already using Social Media then why should I use social bookmarking?
Benefits behind social bookmarking:
Social Bookmarking is different from Social Media posts. Other than engagements it has lots of benefits.
1. Building quality Backlinks.
2. Generates more traffic.
3. Creates brand awareness.
4. Helps in keyword ranking.
5. Targeting the audience.
How to do social bookmarking?
After hearing all the benefits you also want to know How to do Bookmarking? Right
First, select the sites for social bookmarking.
To select the site you should keep these things in mind.
Select the site which has high PA (Page Authority) and DA (Domain authority).
The site should be a do-follow social bookmarking site. If not then doing Bookmarking is a waste of time.
Always go for free plans, don’t go for premium ones.
Once you are done with site selection. Then Open accounts on each site. Then Bookmark your Site by filling up the details.
The Bookmarking style differs from site to site. But believe me, it is a very easy task.
Social Bookmarking sites list:
If you are a new one to SEO, then I am giving you my list of the Top 15 Best social bookmarking sites.
You will get a lot of sites on the Search engine.
But trust me I made this list based on the Criteria which I have mentioned in the above lines.
My number one recommendation When it comes to Bookmarking is Medium. People who read this article must have used medium at Least once. It’s one of the platforms where you can gain knowledge on different topics.
Other than that Medium is also an excellent site for bookmarking.
It’s simple to bookmark.
1. Open an account in Medium.
2. Click Add a new story in it.
3. Just copy your entire blog post and paste in the medium.
By doing this the internal links in the Post will automatically be considered as a Backlink for your site.
Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing platforms in recent days. It’s also considered as social media where you get different ideas on different topics.
But you need to understand that Pinterest was naturally designed for social bookmarking.
Since lots of people use Pinterest other than backlink you shall have a good engagement for your bookmarking post.
Bookmarking in Pinterest is easy.
1. Open a Pinterest account.
2. Click the Create Pin (+) option.
3. Give the link which you like to link.
4. Add a short Description and keyword as well.
5. Upload an Image and Create a new board.
6. Click Save.
Your Link will be saved as a Backlink on Pinterest. The beauty of this bookmarking site is that you can add the same link multiple times by giving different keywords and descriptions.
Early internet users would obviously use Reddit.
Reddit is a Community platform. It consists of different communities where you will be able to share your ideas as a post.
1.To bookmark on Reddit. First, you need to open an account.
2. Click Create a post.
3. Put your Link in the URL column.
4. It automatically fetches the Keywords. If you want to change the keyword go ahead.
5. Add a Description and upload an image.
6. And Click post it’s added.
You can do these things in other Communities or Create your own Community to post.
I recommend you to Create a dummy Community just for Backlinks.
Reddit is also like Pinterest where you can do Backlink for the same URL by using multiple keywords and descriptions.
Dribble is also one of the best sites for Social Bookmarking.
When you post your site on Dribble it immediately fetches the Backlink than other bookmarking sites.
I say that the time limit is less compared to other bookmarking sites.
1. To bookmark a post in Dribbble. You need to open a new account.
2. Then select upload and first upload the image in the given column.
3. Now put the keyword, tags, and Description in the respective columns.
4. You can add your site URL in the Description Column itself.
5. Click Publish to dribble to bookmark your site.
You can use multiple keywords and descriptions for the same URL.
But I personally say that don’t overdo with dribble because there are chances that they might suspend your account.
This Instapaper is one of the beautiful sites for Social Bookmarking.
Bookmarking in Instapaper is just easy.
1. Create a new Instapaper account.
2. Click the Add link option, where you will be able to add the URL.
3. Once the URL is added, your URL is bookmarked. You can click edit to edit the heading and the description.
Remember that you can’t add the same URL multiple times in Instapaper.
If you try to do that the same URL only fetches again and again.
App pocket is also a Bookmarking site like Instapaper. Here you will be able to add only the URL, not any keyword or description.
1. First Create a new app pocket account.
2. Now click the + Symbol where you need to add the URL.
3. Once you have added the URL, save it.
You can’t add the same URL multiple times in the app pocket site.
The Mix is one of the famous sites for bookmarking. This is used by multiple users mostly for bookmarking purposes.
1. First you need to connect your Google account with the Mix to Open a new account.
2. Once you are done with that. Click the Mix (+) to add a post.
3. Paste the URL and Click Mix.
4. Once it is mixed your bookmark is ready.
You can’t add any Keywords or descriptions in Mix and you also can’t add the same URL multiple times In Mix.
Scoop.it is Considered a good site for Bookmarking. (Called as Scoop.it)
1. To Scoop.it all you have to do is create a brand new account for you.
2. Then fill in the details they are asking for.
3. Now select a new Scoop to bookmark your site.
4. It will take you to another page where it automatically fetches the data like keyword and description.
5. Click Scoop to post your site.
Sometimes the data doesn’t fetch automatically. Where you need to fill in the respective details like Title, description, tags.
Don’t overdo it with Scoop.it that’s one of my recommendations when it comes to Scoop.it.
Tumbler is also an excellent site for Social bookmarking.
It’s one of the best sites that every blogger should use and it’s very easy to use as well.
1. Create an account on Tumblr to post your site.
2. Once you do all this Click the Link option.
3. Give a description of your post.
4. Add some tags for your post. Now click post to bookmark.
You can use a different title and description for the same URL. There is no problem with that in Tumbler.
It’s one of the sites that every blogger needs to use.
Bibsonomy structure is made only for social bookmarking.
It’s one of the few sites which have all the factors related to social bookmarking.
Bookmarking on a site like Bibsonomy is very easy.
1. First Open an account by filling up the necessary details.
2. Now in the home click add post and click Add bookmark in that.
3. Fill the URL section, where it redirects you to the next page.
4. Now fill up the column-like Keywords, tags, and descriptions.
5. Click Save to save your bookmark.
Here you can’t add multiple URLs. Even if you add that doesn’t fetch the link.
Folkd is also a bookmarking site that is similar to BibSonomy.
It is made mainly for bookmarking and at the same time, it’s simple to use as well.
1. Once you have created the account. Click Add the link.
2. Then Enter the URL.
3. Now add the respective things such as tags title and description.
4. Then click save the item to save your post.
You can add the same URL multiple times but it fetches the same URL repeatedly. So please don’t do that.
Digg is also one of the decent sites for Bookmarking.
1. First connect your Google account to Open a new account.
2. Click Submit a link.
3. Fill the details like story URL, story title, story kicker, and story description.
4. Upload an Image and submit to publish your story.
Remember in Digg you can add the same story URL multiple times by adding different story titles and descriptions
Diggo is another site for different submissions like social bookmarking.
You can submit different things in Diggo.
1. First Create an account in Diggo and In-Library click the (+) symbol and then click the bookmark option.
2. Now you will be able to add the URL.
3. Once you have added the URL. Now you will be able to edit the title and description.
4. Then save the post.
You can add the same URL multiple times like other sites.
Diggo is different from Digg don’t get confused.
Flipboard is one of the high end social bookmarking sites.
Its interface is quite different from other bookmarking sites. You can create a new account on Flipboard.
1. Click the pencil-like symbol to Create a magazine.
2. Now Create a magazine by giving a new name to it.
3. Once you are done with that. Now add the URL in the flip column and add the Description in the comment box column.
4. Now click flip to publish the magazine.
You can add the same URL multiple times. Sometimes an error can also happen so don’t Overdo with Flipboard.
The last Bookmarking site in our today’s list is Pearl tress. Here also you can do multiple things like bookmarking.
You can also add the same URL multiple times. Create a new Pearltrees account.
1. Click + Symbol to Bookmark
2. Next just click the web page then add your site URL.
3. Finally Click Edit and change the title that you want to add.
Pearl tress is one of the most used Bookmarking sites by SEO Link builders.
Bookmarking is just a simple thing to start your Link building process.
If you are familiar with this you can do other things like Search engine submission, Classifieds, Infographics, and more.
I kindly recommend you don’t overdo any of the off-page activity. First, optimize your on-page stuff, and then move on to off-page.
These are my top 15 best social bookmarking sites. There are a lot more high DA social bookmarking sites which I have not included.
Please comment on other Bookmarking sites that you guys are using which is not on the list.
Any doubts about social bookmarking just post your questions in the comment section.